What we do…
- Identifying families from non-migrant slum communities and enrolling children from such communities in nearby municipal schools.
- Supplementing the education of such children through regular extra-curricular actvity and support in the form of tutions, celebrating festivals and birthdays, and regular meetings and discussons with parents.
- Supporting senior students to complete their education.
What we hope to do…
- Provide non-formal education to older children (children in their mid-to-late teens)
- Create health awareness in these communities with special focus on vaccination and family planning.
- Empower mothers and older girls by providing vocational training to make them self-reliant.
- Increase awaerness of various savings schemes and government schemes available for such communities.
"Education, to be complete, must be human; it must include not only the training of the intellect, but the refinement of the heart & the discipline of the spirit."